One important aspect of law firm life that is nearly impossible to avoid is the billable hour most law firms make their money by billing their clients by the hour in order to be profitable to your firm you must make enough money from your billable hours not only to cover your salary and . Billable hours represent work hours that a staff member reports as being chargeable to a client the concept is not unique to consulting as a variety of professional services firms bill clients by the hour. Understanding billable hours to most non lawyers law students included biglaw is a mysterious black box what really goes on in those huge vaguely intimidating office towers. The billable hour model only works however when firms are flush with business during the recession idle associates became dead weight law firms orchestrated massive layoffs and the models risks were exposed
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.